Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My First Wholecloth Quilt

I was blessed with my Gammill Classic Plus in 2004 - For those of you wondering, it is a longarm quilting machine. I practiced for a few weeks and decided to try my hand at a wholecloth quilt. This is the result.


It is my own design entitled 'Simply White' - I am not real creative when it comes to naming things. I had never entered a quilt in a show, but decided to give it a whirl with this one.


It was a wonderful surprise when I won a Teachers Ribbon at MQX 2004 - awarded by Karen McTavish and also won the 2004 VQF (Vermont Quilt Festival) Bernina Best Machine Quilting Award.

Then, as if that wasn't enough - Karen McTavish e-mailed me and asked if I would consider submitting my quilt for an upcoming book she was working on. I gladly did and it was published in her book entitled 'Mastering The Art of McTavishing'.

After my head came out of the clouds, I started another wholecloth quilt that I will post next time. Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful and a well deserved ribbon! Can't wait to see the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, Your quilt and quilting is so awesome. Congratulations on your ribbon and being published. So cool.
    Do you quilt for others?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne and Carrie P - Thanks for the compliments. No, I do not quilt for others - just myself and even that is limited as there just is not enough time in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your quilting! It's so beautiful! I can only imagine how proud you where for the publishing in Karen's book:o) So fun!
    happy sewing:o)
    Laila

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing! I'm a bit of a fan of Karen and I think that is so great you were able to be in her book! You deserved it...this is amazing...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top